This notice is for this website; www.rionwilhelm.com owned by Rion Wilhelm, 5101 Hackberry Lane, Sacramento, CA 95841 and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to [author name]
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we use your information internally.
Lawful basis: Consent
1. The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from my Website
2. You entered your data for a contest or giveaway on my website.
3. We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
4. Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until five years from date of last login unless requested.
5. Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
WordPress Plugins our site uses:
Akismet AntiSpam by Automaticc
Amazon Affiliates Link Builder by Amazon.com
Amazon Send to Kindle by Amazon.com
Auto Affiliate Links by Lucien Apostol
Contest Cat by Fatcat Apps
Facebook Fanbox by Facebook Apps
Facebook Messenger Chat by Facebook Apps
Google Analytics for WordPress
Jetpack by WordPress.com
Mailchimp TopBar for WordPress by Mailchimp
Paypal Donations by Paypal
Pushpad by Pushpad.com
Simple Giveaways by Benic
Social Warfare by Warfare
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
1. The reason we use this basis: To pay my taxes correctly.
2. We process your information in the following ways: I must maintain a list of clients with name, address, and purchases for tax inspections in line with the US Internal Revenue Service and the California Bureau of Equalization.
3. Data retention period: Six years
4. Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. / We do share your personal information with third parties and they include…
5. If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are:
Retention period: From session up to two years
Used names Sharing_ga, _gid, _gat, _gaexp, _utm, __utmc, UTMD_, __utmv, __utmz, _gat_gtag_UA_ID https://policies.google.com/privacy
PHP Session ID
Purpose: Storing user data across pages for functional purposes
Retention period: Store data for users to use in the web application
Description: Sessions are a simple way to store data for individual users against a unique session ID. Session IDs are sent to the browser via session cookies and the ID is used to retrieve existing session data
Purpose: WordPress log in cookie
Retention period: 30 days
Description: Cookie to keep you logged in
Purpose: Website enhancement
Retention period: see individual tools
Description: Automattic, to providers of Jetpack, offer various tools to enhance the visitors enjoyment of our site and to aid the daily management of our site.Used namesSharingtk_tc, tk_qs, tk_aihttps://automattic.com/privacy-notice/
Purpose: Personalised advertisements
Retention period: 1 year
Purpose: Target users with personalised ads
Retention period: 1 year
Description: Twitter tracks users to target them with personalised adsUsed namesSharingmetrics_token https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Purpose: Linkedin places cookies to track users
Retention period: Three years
Description: Linked in uses information for visitor statistics
Used names SharingX-LI-IDC https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Purpose: user interaction
Retention period: 1 year
Description: User interaction and posting
Used namesSharingOGPC, SID, HSID, SSID, APISID, SAPISID, CONSENT, SNID, NID https://myaccount.google.com/privacy
Purpose: Sharing info
Retention period: Two years or until removed
Description: We use this to enable visitors to our websites to share webpages, blogs, news, photos, videos, and other content with social networks and other destinations that they may designate.
Used names Sharing __atuvs, __atuvc, psc, uid, uit, uvc, cw_id, loc, mus, na_id, na_tc, uvc, uid, ouid https://addthis.com
Purpose: Enhancing viewer experience
Retention period: 1 year
Description: Google fonts customizes the visitor experience as well as providing the site owner with ability to enhance site
Cookies may be removed and/or disabled in your browser by following the instruction shown at the following sites:
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by Go Daddy in how we store, access and manage that information.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners Google AdSense, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, or are served through our own means.
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.kwillbooks.com or as a titled text link like this: Bookshops in Cambridge
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider. We use:
Subscription time & date
Other Privacy Policies of Interest
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
• Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
• Contact us at support at rionwilhelm dot com